Hi everyone, so this is my very first blog post ever! Eek! Very exciting too though and I hope to do many more.
I wanted to share this card with you as the inspiration came from an unexpected place and the ‘Elegant just like you’ and ‘Romantic blooms’ stamp sets were the perfect designs to give it a go. So where did the idea came from, well it was a pair of wellies and a shopping bag so the credit should really go to them. They had a similar organic looking floral design. Here's what you need and how it was created:
· Thirsty Brush & Co Elegant like you stamp set
· Thirsty Brush & Co Romantic Blooms stamp set
· 7 x 7 Card blank
· White Stamping card
· Stamp Platform (optional)
· Versafine ink pad in Black Onyx
· Black card stock
· Post-it notes
· Versamark watermark ink
· embossing powder
· Heat tool
· Foam pads
· Dries clear wet glue
1. On a piece of white stamping card, larger than you intend to use stamp the Lily. On a post-it note create a mask for that stamp.
2. Mask the Lily and stamp the Peony, also create a mask from a post-it note for that stamp.
3. Mask both flowers and using other stamps from the set create your own unique bouquet.
4. At this stage I like to use a piece of card with an aperture in the middle to use like a frame to pick out the best stamped area, use a pencil to mark where you want to cut then trim to size.
5.Mat onto black card then affix to the card blank.
6. Heat emboss a sentiment, mat and layer then using foam pads adhere to the front of the card to finish.
Well that's my first ever blog post over phew! Thank you for taking the time to have a read. I hope you liked my card and have a go at creating your own unique designs.
Have a great day.
Sign up to the Thirsty Brush newsletter for discount codes, news and updates here