Elegant Lilies Gift Box
Hi everyone! Great to be back on blog, with something a little different this week - a gift box. I made a few of these for small Christmas presents. The size can be easily adapted, but this one is made from just one piece of A4 cardstock. Super easy. Would be really cute with some Easter chocolates in maybe. I should clarify that the box template is not my own personal design. There are lots of free box templates on the web, but I am not able to recall the designer of this one, apologies.
Right let’s get started with what you will need:
Corner rounder punch
Single hole punch
A piece of A4 cardstock ( I used Hunkydory Adorable Scoreable in mint green)
Distress ink – I used Cracked Pistachio
Small piece of co-ordinating ribbon
Double sided tape
1. Ok so this is the important bit - The measurements.Cut your cardstock to 8” x 11”.
2. Put your cardstock onto your scoreboard with the short side at the top and score at 1.5” & 3.75” & 5.25”& 7.5”
3. Turn to the long side at the top and score at 1.5” & 8.5” & 10”
4. Now see by diagram at the bottom on where to cut and which sections to remove once you have done that fold all your score lines and press will a bone folder to can a nice crisp edge.
5. One this is done its fairly easy to see how to construct the box and your tape to the flaps.
6. To decorate I used the foliage stencil with the distress ink and added stamped and die cut lilies in the same ink, the sentiment is from the same set too.
7. Once decorated you can construct your box, I rounded the corners of the lid just to give a nice little finish.
8. Punch your holes for the ribbon and you are done.
It may seem a bit daunting creating boxes from scratch but this one is so easy, once you have done the first one you will whipping them together in no time and with only one sheet of card stock! If you need any more help with these contact me on the Facebook page and I’ll be happy to clarify anything for you.
I would love to see any that you have a go at, post your makes on our Facebook page Thirsty Brush and Co Brushettes.
Twitter use #thirstybrush when posting
Youtube coming soon!
Sign up to the Thirsty Brush newsletter for discount codes, news and updates here