Elegant Lily just for you card tutorial
Who says modern and traditional can't work well together? Not me, thats who! Combining the modern, abstract chevron background with the delicate, realistic lily stamp design, gives a super fresh feel to this card. Adding the unexpected blue water colour to the petals and leaves, lifts those blooms to another level. Perfect for a sympathy, birthday or 'just because' card.
Here’s how to get the look:
Thirsty Brush Elegant just like you stamp set
Thirsty Brush Elegant just like you die set
Thirsty Brush handpainted chevron stencil
White 7x7” Card blank
White stock measuring 6.75x6.75”
A5 white Card stock
Versafine ink in Black Onyx
Altenew inks in greys
Blue watercolour paint or ink
Orange alcohol marker
- Stencil the background using chevron stencil and altenew grey inks, going from light to dark
- On the A5 piece of white card stamp out the three large lily stamps
- Colour with some blue watercolour paint or diluted ink. When dry, add detail to the lilies with the orange alcohol pen
- Die cut the lilies, making sure you use both the outline does and the detail plate dies to cut the petals on the two larger blooms
- Curl up the petals on the two larger flowers, using your fingers to sculpt
- Arrange the lilies, overlapping on to the chevron background in the bottom left hand corner and stick with foam pads or wet glue
- Attach the background with the lilies onto the card blank using foam pads or tape.
- Stamp a sentiment from the stamp set on to white card
- Add the sentiment to the card below the lilies with a foam pad
- If you wish, add some gems or sequins to embellish
Hope you enjoyed the first Thirsty Brush blog tutorial! Do share your finished card on social media if you have a go at the project. Design team member Kerry, will be on the blog on Monday with another tutorial.
Happy crafting! Love Claire x
Want more inspiration from fellow crafters? Join in the fun at the Thirsty Brush & co Brushettes for inspiration and show us your makes!
Follow Thirsty Brush on social media:
Instagram use #thirstybrush when posting
Twitter use #thirstybrush when posting
Youtube coming soon!
Shop the new Hearfelt Blooms collection here or at Create & Craft
Sign up to the Thirsty Brush newsletter for discount codes, news and updates here