Hi everyone! How has your week been? Lots of crafting fun, I hope.
I don't know about you, but I love creating inky backgrounds and sometimes I have so many lying around that I don't know what to do with them. Until I tried this technique that is!
It's the perfect way to use up all those backgrounds and show off the beautiful Thirsty Brush hand painted stencils. You can create really fresh and modern designs with a Twist using this technique to give the look of floating acetate.
You will need,
7.5" x 7.5" card blank
Distress Oxides in your chosen colours. Here I used: Worn lipstick, Mermaid lagoon & Scattered straw
Acetate (doesn't need to be heat resistant)
Versamark or other embossing ink
Fine white embossing powder
Cosmic shimmer moonlight luna paste
wet glue and silicone glue
Die cutting machine
1. On a sheet of acetate tape your chosen stencil over the top and with a palette knife lightly drag the luna paste over the top, remove any excess, gently peel the stencil off and allow to dry. Wash your stencil.
2. On your craft mat, dab the distress oxides then spritz with water, swipe a piece of white card over the inks until you have the desired effect, allow to dry.
3. Die cut a circle out of the acetate where you want your sentiment.
4. Layer the acetate piece over your inky background to get the position for the sentiment, stamp in Versamark and heat emboss.
5. Use wet glue to mat the background onto the glitter card and adhere to your card blank.
6. Using silcone glue affix the acetate to the front of the card, just press lightly to give the impression that it's floating, allow to dry. And that is your card finished!
Am loving these Spring-like colours so much.
I hope you like the idea and give it a go. I’m really pleased with the finished effect. I’m off to create some more backgrounds, you can never have too many, right? ;)
Twitter use #thirstybrush when posting
Youtube coming soon!
Sign up to the Thirsty Brush newsletter for discount codes, news and updates here