I’m back again this week, and i thought I would use my favourite stamp set and my most used sentiment in one fabulous project!
I think I’ve said before that scrapbooking was my first steps into crafting so I very often head back there especially when the products see to lend themselves so easily to it. This photo was taken in Palm Springs two years ago, and I have to say California is my absolute “Happy Place. I’m sure inside I’m Californian.
Anyway we had better get started before I bore you all with Californian tales! So, this is how I created this easy peasy page.
You will need:
A lovely photo of your happy place!
- Thirsty Brush & co 'Happy Days' stamp set
- Anna Marie Designs Mont Blanc 12 x 12 white cardstock
- Photo mat – same white cardstock (just slightly bigger than photo)
- Scrap piece of same white cardstock, for sentiment and additional flowers.
- Gossip inks by Stamps by Me in your choice of colours
- Versafine Onyx black ink pad
- Black fine liner pen
- Foam pads
What to do:
1. Place your photo onto the 12x12 cardstock, when you are happy with the position draw a faint pencil line around it. Mount your photo onto the mat and put your photo to one side for later.
2. Take your paint brush and wet the area around the photo with water. Add your chosen colours of ink around the photo, I chose to use four colours one to each corner area. Let them overlap slightly to get lovely blends. Add some paint splatters with all the colours around the edge of the painted area. Paint a small selection of all the colours on the scrap card to use later.
3. Allow the paint to dry. You can use a heat gun if you are impatient like me!
4. Once completely dry using onyx black ink stamp around the marked photo area to create a frame. To extend the frame use the additional small stamps in the set.
5. Using the same ink, on the scrap paper stamp out one of the main design flowers in each colour and fussy cut.
6. Stamp the sentiment in onyx black onto the scrap card and using the coordinating die cut out along with the coordinating mat die. Layer the word onto the mat using wet glue.
7. Attached the photo to the 12x12 page in the framed area using wet glue. Add a hand drawn line around the edge of the photo and on the photo mat.
8. Attach the fussy cut flowers using foam pads to add a little dimension.
9. Then finally add your sentiment using foam pads.
Don’t forget you can add bits of journaling if you like, or even just the date. It’s such a lovely way to display your favourite photos of happy memories and happy places. All the stamps in this border collection could be used like this, you just have to decide which is your favourite!
Don’t forget to share your makes with the rest of the Brushettes in the Facebook group.
See you again soon
Big hugs, Kerry x