I’m back on the blog this week. Hope you enjoyed the launch on Friday, it’s a super collection isn’t it? t’s been a hard slog for Claire to get this to you with a few challenges along the way. I think you will agree it’s all been worth it.
So I thought I would use this week’s blog to showcase one of my favourite sets from this collection, the “Believe” stamp and die set. I just love all the little elements that contrast beautifully with the large sentiments.
So what do you need to recreate this card?
Thirsty Brush & Co Believe stamp and die set
Versamark ink pad
2 green ink pads ( I used Memento Pear Tart and Bamboo Leaves)
Wow gold embossing powder
Anna Marie designs Mont Blanc cardstock - 5.75” x 5.75”
Anna Marie designs Mont Blanc cardstock – scrap piece to stamp on
Anna Marie designs Mont Blanc 6” x 6” card blank
Ok let’s get started then:
1. Take your piece of card and cut out the largest layering die for the “it’s beginning to look at lot like Christmas” stamp right in the centre.
2. Using the same piece of card randomly stamp with the versamark ink pad using the two fern style stamps, heat emboss with the gold powder.
3. Then do the same with the green inks, one ink for the large stamp and another for the small stamp, do 2ndand 3rdgeneration stamping to get the illusion of depth. Don’t worry about overlapping.
4. Using the versamark again stamp the sentiment onto the scrap piece of card, heat emboss with the gold powder. Die cut this sentiment using the smaller of the layering dies.
5. Using foam pads attach the stamped card onto the card blank. Make sure to put foam pads around the die cut aperture to keep it raised.
6. Attach the base patterned paper to the card blank.
7. Finally using foam pas attach the stamped sentiment into the aperture, where it fits perfectly just floating nicely.
And there you have it! So simple but it looks so effective with the gold embossed ferns entwined with the stamped ones. You could use any colours on this. Ooh I may have a go with blues and silver. watch this space!
See you all again soon and