I hope you're all well and have had the chance to get into your craft rooms since the mayhem of Christmas.
I want to share a really fun technique with you this week, which produces unique results every time and I haven't found a stamp set that it doesn't work with. The best part about it is that it makes me feel a bit like an artist, which I so am not!
You will need.
Thirsty Brush & co Bright Border stamp set
Thirsty Brush & co Bright Border die set
Thirsty Brush & co Good Vibes Sentiment stamp set
Thirsty Brush & co Amaze Me botanicals stamp set
6 x 6 Kraft card blank
Watercolour card stock
Versamark or other embossing ink
White embossing powder
Spectrum Aqua Pens or other water based pens
1. Use the spectrum aqua pens to directly colour the stamp, when you are happy with the coverage lightly spritz with water, stamp onto your card.
2. Repeat step one if you want stronger colours. Now spritz the card and allow the colours to start to move, don't over wet the card or the colours will became muddy.
3. Allow to dry throughly, stamp and heat emboss the bright borders stamp over the top. Die cut and apply foam tape to adhere to the front of your card.
4. Randomly stamp a sprig from the Amaze me botanicals accessories stamp set with white embossing powder. With a glue pen add glitter for a bit of sparkle.
5. Affix your topper to finish.
I really hope you give this technique a try, after some practice you can achieve some great cards and the most important thing to remember is to have fun with it!
Want more inspiration from fellow crafters? Join the Thirsty Brush & co ‘Brushettes’ Facebook Group for lots of ideas and, be brave! Show us your makes!
Follow Thirsty Brush on social media:
Twitter use #thirstybrush when posting so we can see your makes!
Youtube coming soon!
Sign up to the Thirsty Brush newsletter for discount codes, news and updates here