You are my Superstars!
Welcome back to our weekly Thirsty Brush Blog! Hope you are keeping warm, dry and well. Are we nearly ready for Christmas??
This weeks blog is dedicated to YOU! As the year comes to an end, and the Thirsty Brush community continues to grow, it really sunk in how much we could not have done this without you all. You really are my crafty stars. Every crafter I meet at a show, every facebook like, every message I get, every product review and every smile from one of you, when you create something beautiful - it all adds up to a fabulous year of crafting!
Here’s a quick review of what we did in 2019:
- Launched over 100 new Thirsty Brush designs
- Added Papers, stand alone dies and our heat embossing collection, Luminosity, to our range
- Welcomed 667 crafters to our community Facebook group
- Attended 11 Craft shows around the UK
- Added 24 free crafty tutorials to our Youtube Playlist
- Hit nearly 2.5K followers across our social media platforms
- Opened a Studio in Birmingham for workshops and crafty supplies
- Had an absolutely, phenomenal time doing it all!
And the year isn’t quite over yet! I will be back on LIVE with Thirsty Thursday this week at 3pm, streamed on the Stamps By Me Youtube channel here with more free demos just for you.
As for 2020…. Well you better hold on to your hats (and maybe your purses ;)), because with all the plans we’ve been making, it’s set to be outrageously fun packed year with events, launches and plenty of ways for you to get involved, develop your papercraft skills and more! But, for now I just want to take the opportunity to thank you all for making 2019 my favourite year EVER in my working life.
So, for this weeks blog project we are going to use the newly launched Luminosity embossing powders in a different way in this ‘You are my Star’ card:
- Stamp out the smaller floral bouquet and Star sentiment using Luminosity Embossing Ink onto white card
- Use ‘True Black’ Luminosity embossing powder for the flowers and ‘Silver Lining’ for the sentiment. Heat set
- Die cut both the sentiment and flowers. Also die cut the mat layer for the star sentiment in black card
- Colour in the flowers using alcohol markers
- Adhere glitter card to your card blank
- Cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the glitter card
- Using the reindeer, pour some of the embossing ink onto your mat or palette
- Use a brush to paint a rough background with the embossing ink onto the white card
- Pour over ‘Silver Lining’ Luminosity embossing powder and heat set
- Stamp ‘You are my’ from the stamp set in the top left hand corner
- Mat the background onto your card using foam pads
- Add the flowers and sentiment, again using foam pads for dimension
- Finish with a smattering of silver star sequins
- Admire your fabulous shiny card and give to someone who is your STAR
Want to see this embossed background technique live? Tune in to Thirsty Thursday this week!
See you then!
Products used in this project:
- 6” x 4” card blank
- Smooth white stamping card
- Glitter card
- Thirsty Brush Hand picked Bouquet Stamp and Die set
- Thirsty Brush Luminosity Powders in True Black and Silver Lining
- Thirsty Brush Luminosity embossing ink pad
- Thirsty Brush Luminosity embossing reinker
- Black cardstock
- Stamps by Me Gossip alcohol markers
- Star confetti or sequins
- Foam pads
- Pinflair glue or other wet glue
- Versafine Black Onyx ink
@Thirstybrush Facebook page and the ‘Brushettes’ community crafting group
Thirsty Brush play list on Youtube under the Stamps by me Channel